Kale, a beautiful, green leafy vegetable loaded with nutrients that could help with those cravings!
The first time I was introduced to Kale was when I started Nutrition School (I'm over 30 years old!) and I am in love with it! It’s one of the most nutritious vegetables you can find, filled with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, phytonutrients (those handy cancer-fighting nutrients), fiber, calcium, and all kinds of essential amino acids and it is tasty!!
Potato chip lovers – Kale chips are a great swap for chips and a great way to get in your daily greens. Kids, husbands, & even my mom loves them!
Here is a great link with more of the health benefits of kale.
Try this this week!
* Preheat oven to 350
* Take 1 head fresh kale, wash and remove center stem/vien
* In a bowl pour a small amount of Olive Oil over Kale to slightly coat
* Mix well
* Place kale on baking sheet and sprinkle on seasonings of your choice. Try Mrs. Dash, garlic and pepper, chili pepper - experiment!
* Bake for 10 minutes, then flip. Bake another 10 minutes or until edges are brown and Kale is crispy when moved in the pan
* Sprinkle with sea salt to taste