Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dairy free deliciousness

Summer is here and who doesn't love the refreshing deliciousness of ice cream?  In my course of experimenting what works for my body and what doesn't, I found dairy isn't the best thing for me.  Although I eat it in moderation (did someone say pizza???) I have found really great alternatives to traditional dairy foods. 

Here is a recipe I've shared and enjoyed with my nieces.  It is fun to make and refreshingly light in my belly.  You can buy or freeze your own fresh fruit (banana, strawberry).  I also added in really good quality dark chocolate chunks too. Experiment with frozen fruits you like and let me know what you come up with.  Enjoy!

Mango Blueberry Sorbet
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 6

1 bag frozen mango

1 bag frozen cherries

1 tablespoon agave nectar

 ¼ cup apple juice (I use MonaVie Mmun)

Put all ingredients into a blender or vita mix

Blend until creamy, about one minute.
 You may have to scrape the sides of the machine down a few times if using a regular blender

Serve immediately
 Put the rest in the freezer to enjoy later.
 When serving later on, take out a bit before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment