A delicious dessert for my gluten free friends! You don't need to be gluten free to enjoy these either.
I made these for a get together last night - they had no idea the secret ingredient was Black Beans! Of course I told them. Try them out and leave a comment about what you thought of them.
1 (15 ounce) can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
3 large eggs
1/3 cup melted butter, more for baking dish
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips (I leave some aside to put on top)
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts (totally optional)
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
* Butter 8 inch baking pan (I prefer glass).
* Place black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
* Remove blade and carefully stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. This is where I put the few extra chocolate chips on the top (so you get some in every bite :)
* Transfer mixture to the buttered pan.
* Bake brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set in the center.
Cool before cutting into squares.
The last 2 batches I used a combination of chocolate and peanut butter chips. MMMMM.... Just made another batch for tonight's gathering.