Friday, December 3, 2010

Smoooothies! Gotta love cilantro

My girlfriend bought herself an early Christmas gift - a Vitamix!  It's an amazingly powerful blender and fantastic for quickly blending up greens into a smoothie.  I'll be sharing with her some of my favorite recipes; I've shared this with other friends and they love it too!  I got it from Sarma - the owner of Pure Food and Wine in NYC (awesome raw food restaurant).  Leave a message if you try it.  

Sarma's Cilantro Shake:

  • Pink Grapefruit
  • Cucumber
  • Cilantro
  • Lime
  • Pineapple
  • Agave Nectar or stevia
  • Vanilla Extract
  • BIG pinch of Cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
Directions
In a blender, (Vitamix if you have one) throw a pink peeled grapefruit, peeled cucumber, lots and lots and lots of cilantro - like half a bunch, a lime, some pineapple, agave nectar or stevia, vanilla extract,  BIG pinch of cinnamon, and pinch of salt.  Blend well and enjoy!  I top mine off with a shake of cinnamon on top too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment